The support Tir Dewi offers is free and entirely confidential. The support provided can vary from case to case depending on what support you require.
You may be:
- Feeling lonely and isolated and would like someone to talk to every now and again
- Worried about an upcoming inspection and your records aren’t up to date
- Wanting support with recording animal movement
- Having financial difficulties
- Suffering following a bereavement or illness in the family
- Worried about a family member
- Struggling to manage during lambing time or during TB testing
- Struggling with your sexuality
- Wanting support with succession planning
Tir Dewi volunteers support farmers who are suffering with multiple problems which have escalated to such a degree that they become overwhelmed, and this support may last for months. In other cases, the farmer may be worried about one issue that can be resolved after one or two phone calls
Many farmers are too proud to ask for support and feel ashamed and embarrassed and often feel like a failure because things go wrong even though they are not to blame. We all go through periods in our lives when life gets tough and things can easily get out of control. You are not alone!
Tir Dewi is a registered charity which provides free confidential support to farmers across Wales who are experiencing challenging times. If you’re struggling, under pressure and feeling that you can’t go on, don’t hesitate, call Tir Dewi today on 0800 121 47 22. The one thing you can be proud of is having the courage to pick up the phone and ask for help. Many of our callers say that they feel better following that initial call, just being able to voice out what they’ve been holding in for so long, all those thoughts and worries that have been keeping you awake at night. You can also email us at [email protected] and one of our volunteers will get back to you. For further information please visit our website www.tirdewi.co.uk